From the list, select the languages for which you want to supply data.
- You must select at least one language
- You may select more than one
- The language code for each selected language will be marked in the “System” tab next to an attribute called “Selected_Language_Code”
Depending on what you select, a certain number of fields (columns) will be created for the data that needs to be translated, e.g. the part number description: one field per selected language for each data item.
These fields differ from other fields (those that contain non-translatable data) by the addition of a suffix consisting of a separator followed by a language code.
Example of a field name for the part number description in French and English:
- Part_Number_Description_FR (for French)
- Part_Number_Description_EN (for English)
Next, in the pull-down menu underneath the list, you need to select the “default language”
- This is required information.
- The list of languages available in the pull-down menu depends directly on which languages were selected earlier.
- The language code that corresponds to your selection will be marked in the attribute “Default_Language_Code” in the “System” tab.