Standard terms and conditions of use
Thank you for using TraceParts’ Application Programming Interfaces, other developer services, and associated software (collectively, “APIs”) published by TraceParts S.A.S.
By accessing or using TraceParts’ APIs, you are agreeing to the terms below without any restriction.
Use of the data available and limitation of liability
All news, documentation, data and information published in the APIs are the exclusive property of TraceParts and/or third parties. Such information may not be disclosed without prior consent, irrespective of whether in hard copy or electronic form.
The data published in the APIs (hereinafter the “Data”) come from a large number of part suppliers and standards in a wide range of industries. The said part suppliers and standards are identified in relation to the Data for which they are solely responsible. Anyone using the APIs (hereinafter the “Users”) acknowledges that:
- 1. (i) TraceParts cannot warrant the accuracy, integrity or quality of the Data or that the said Data are free of any viruses or harmful code. All data published in the APIs conform solely to the original source data provided by the part suppliers and standards.
- 2. (ii) Users are responsible for assessing and assuming the risks associated with the use of any Data, including any reliability relating to the accuracy, entirety or fitness of the said Data.
- 3. (iii) TraceParts shall in no way be held liable for, without limitation, errors or omissions in the Data, or for any loss or damage arising from the use of any Data, including damage caused by viruses or harmful code.
- 4. (iv) TraceParts shall in no way be held liable for any direct or incidental damages caused to Users or a third party in respect of, for information only and without limitation, loss of profits, expenses, loss of data, loss of software packages, damaged or lost hardware sustained by Users or a third party, including the costs incurred in recovering, reproducing or repairing such losses or damage.
Limitations of use. Users may only use the Data for the purposes of computer-aided design or viewing data. Unless Users have received prior written consent from TraceParts, they may not i) distribute the Data as part of an external service, or ii) copy or post the Data on a website, or iii) distribute the Data on any storage medium whatsoever, or iv) use the Data with the aim of competing with any TraceParts service. In particular, Users agree to not use the APIs service to:
- 1. Download, publish or transmit in any manner whatsoever data or content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, criminal, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, privacy-invasive, odious or reprehensible on racial, ethical or other grounds.
- 2. Harm minors in any way whatsoever.
- 3. Impersonate another person or entity, or submit misleading or false declarations concerning the Supplier’s affiliation with a person or entity.
- 4. Falsify the headers or manipulate the identifiers in any other way for the purpose of concealing the origin of any Data sent via the service.
- 5. Download, publish or transmit in any manner whatsoever any content infringing any patent, registered trademark, trade secret, copyright or other exclusive rights of any party.
- 6. Download, publish or transmit in any manner whatsoever any form of unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, unwelcome publicity, unwanted mail or any other form of solicitation.
- 7. Download, publish or transmit in any manner whatsoever any material containing computer viruses or any other code, file or computer program designed to interrupt, destroy or restrict the normal use of any software, computer hardware or telecommunications devices.
- 8. Impede or interrupt the APIs service or the servers or networks connected to the APIs service, or violate any conditions, procedures, policies or regulations governing the networks associated with the APIs service.
Content provided by End-Users. The comments and files provided by End-Users and made available through the APIs are proposed for information purposes only and for the convenience of other End-Users. As with all Data on the APIs, TraceParts shall in no way be liable for any such comments and files. Users may use the comments and files provided by other End-Users only for viewing and downloading, but may not use such comments and files to create catalogs or websites competing with any TraceParts service. End-Users are authorized to copy and download such files, provided that they reproduce all copyright and other legal notices as included on the original Data or copies of the Data.
API Call Limit
TraceParts web services supports millions of calls every month. To provide the best quality of service, TraceParts limit the API call usage as per the details available on that page.
Links to third-party websites
The APIs contain direct or indirect links (hyperlinks) to other websites, home pages or web pages. TraceParts only offers such links as services. The respective operators or providers are solely responsible for the content and information displayed on such websites. To the extent that such sources are beyond the reasonable control of TraceParts, the existence of a hyperlink does not mean that its content has been approved by TraceParts. Therefore, TraceParts will in no way be liable for any effects caused by such hypertext links.
Terms and Conditions governing Users’ Personal Data accessible via TraceParts Analytics Reports
Usage of TraceParts’ specific API to retrieve Users’ Personal Data accessible via TraceParts Analytics Reports requires the strict compliance with these Terms and Conditions.
TraceParts Services and Warranty
Although TraceParts agrees to provide the best performance in order to offer Users reliable APIs and services, Users must be aware that the security of data on the Internet cannot be fully warranted. Services are therefore provided on an as is basis, and insofar as site availability cannot be guaranteed at all times due to the technical conditions specific to the Internet, TraceParts shall not be held liable for any unforeseen events where the causes were beyond its reasonable control.
Changes to the API
We may modify or update the TraceParts’ API from time to time. We will try to ensure, as far as possible, that future version(s) of the TraceParts’ API are backwards compatible with at least the most recent previous version, but cannot guarantee that this will always be possible.
Security of Your API Key
Your API Key is required for all calls to the TraceParts’ API. Make sure you look after your API Key. If your API Key is lost or stolen, or if you believe that your API Key has been used without your permission, you’ll need to tell us immediately – email us at email@example.com.
Revoking Your API Access
Jurisdiction and governing law
The contractual relations binding the User and TraceParts under these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with French law. In case of any disputes for which the Parties are unable to reach an amicable arrangement, such disputes shall be referred to the court of Le Havre, which shall have exclusive jurisdiction and venue.
Last updated May 4, 2018