Terms and conditions of participation and data protection policy Elesa Quiz
These Terms and conditions of participation and Data privacy statement (jointly referred to hereinafter as “Terms and conditions of participation” apply to anyone participating in our prize games and competitions (referred to hereinafter as “Prize game(s)”), which refer to them.
The Terms and conditions of participation contain rules governing such matters as participation, information about the prizes and about processing the data of the participants and their rights to object and withdraw. The terms used are gender-neutral.
- Age restriction
- Geographical limit
- Additional conditions for participation
- Start and end of Prize game
- Details about prizes
- Winner notification and prize claim
- Further information about prizes
- Guarantee and liability notices
- Data privacy statement
Parc Eco Normandy
76430 Saint Romain – France
The Prize game is run in cooperation with (referred to hereinafter as the “Sponsor(s)”):
Via Pompei, 29
20900 Monza, MB, Italy
Tel. +39 039 28111
Fax +39 039 836351
Registration no. 869305 with the Company Register
VAT no. 01686450154
Sponsors do not organize the Prize game and are not responsible for arranging and staging the event, except in the case of its own statutory responsibility, e.g. in the case of processing the participants’ personal data.
You are only allowed to participate from the age of 18.
To be able to participate, you must have your address, registered office or place of residence in the region(s) mentioned below: UK
Additional conditions for participation
The following participation requirements or restrictions apply to our Prize game.
Exclusion of employees and other stakeholders. Our employees and the employees of our sponsors who are or were involved in creating or running this Prize game, as well as their spouses or partners, parents, children, siblings or persons living in the same household, are excluded from participation, provided that they were or should have been aware of the above-mentioned reference of the employees to the Prize game.
Answering questions. Participation in the competition requires the correct answer to the question(s) asked.
Start and end of the competition
Start of the competition: 18.05.2021
End of the competition: 18.06.2021
Details about prizes
We explain below to the participants what prizes are going to be awarded by us and the procedures for doing so.
In cooperation with Elesa as a sponsor, you have the chance – with a little bit of luck – to win one of three attractive prizes
- Leatherman Signal Multitool
- Teufel One S Speaker
- Stadler Form Fan
Determination of winners: The winners will be determined by random selection.
Winner notification and prize claim
Winners will be notified promptly via the specified contact channel (e.g. email or a social network messaging system, if specified or if the Prize game is taking place within the network).
Participants may be asked to give feedback and collect or otherwise claim the prizes within a reasonable period of time. If a winner is unable to collect their prize within the relevant period, we would ask them to let us know so that we can arrange an alternative date if possible and reasonable.
Participants are responsible for ensuring that the correct contact details are provided. If winners cannot be notified due to incomplete or incorrect contact details, their winning claim will be null and void.
It is not possible to pay out the prizes in cash or in kind, or to exchange or transfer them to other persons, unless other statements or commitments are made.
Number of weeks within which winners must respond to the notification of their win: two weeks.
Further information about prizes
Please note the additional information about prizes.
Exclusion of transfer and awarding of prizes. The winning claim is non-transferable. It is not possible to pay out prizes in cash or to exchange them.
Guarantee and liability notices
We would like to point out that the Prize game and prizes are voluntary services provided on our part, which are not subject to the same scope of warranty and liability, as for example, in the case of independently purchasing one of the prizes awarded as part of the game.
Restriction of warranty on prizes. We will not be liable, subject to our own fault, in accordance with the provisions of the terms and conditions of liability in these Terms and Conditions of participation, for goods and services won that are not offered by ourselves. In addition, the terms of warranty of the respective providers of the goods and services apply, provided that they do not restrict the participants and can be transferred by us to the participants.
Terminating or restricting the Prize game. We would like to point out that the availability and operation of the Prize game can only be guaranteed within the limits of what is reasonable for us and the participants. The Prize game may be terminated by us at any time, in particular due to external circumstances and constraints. External circumstances and constraints include mainly technical problems, legal amendments or binding measures adopted by third parties, which are not within our sphere of influence.
Variations in prizes The prizes shown as part of the description of the Prize game may differ from the items or services awarded to the winners, provided that the average participant considers that they are equivalent to the prizes highlighted in the description. Based on this, there may be variations in terms of model, color, location, etc.
Liability: The following disclaimers and limitations of liability apply to our liability for damages without prejudice to the other statutory qualifying criteria for a claim.
Insofar as our liability is excluded or limited, this also applies to the personal liability of our employees, representatives, and agents, as well as to the liability of the sponsor(s). We are liable for the slightly negligent infringement of material obligations, the infringement of which jeopardizes the achievement of the purpose of the contract, or for the infringement of obligations the fulfilment of which enables the proper execution of the Prize game in the first place, with the contractual partners constantly relying on compliance with this (known as “cardinal obligations”). In this case, however, we are only liable for the foreseeable damage typical of the contract We will not be liable for the slightly negligent infringement by others of the obligations set out in the preceding sentences. We will be liable unconditionally if the cause of the damage is based on willful intent or gross negligence. In the case of a grossly negligent breach of duty by our agents, the above-mentioned restrictions for the slightly negligent infringement of material obligations will apply.
The above limitations of liability do not apply in the event of injury to life, body and health, for a defect after taking over quality guarantees for the quality of a product and in the case of maliciously concealed defects. Liability under the German Product Liability Act remains unaffected.
Legal redress. Legal redress is excluded with regard to drawing the winners and the possible assessment of the entries submitted in the Prize game.
Data privacy statement
We process personal data (also referred to hereinafter as “data”) of the participants in prize games and competitions only in compliance with the relevant data protection regulations, to the extent that processing is necessary for us to provide, implement and manage the Prize game (Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR), the participants have given their consent to processing (Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR) or the processing serves our legitimate interests (e.g. in terms of the security of the Prize game or of the protection of our interests against misuse resulting from any possible collection of IP addresses when submitting entries to the Prize game).
The participants’ data will only be transmitted to other agencies if this is necessary for the implementation of the Prize game (e.g. for the prizes to be sent by the sponsor(s) or to technical service providers or agencies commissioned in connection with the implementation) or if a participant has given consent for them to be transmitted.
We would like to draw the attention of the participants in the Prize game to the information required for participation.
The participants’ data will be deleted as soon as the Prize game is completed and the data are no longer required to inform the winners or because queries about the Prize game can be expected. In principle, the participants’ data will be deleted no later than 6 months after the end of the Prize game. Winners’ data may be retained for longer, for example, to answer any questions about the prizes or to fulfill the prize requirements. In this case, the retention period depends on the type of prize and is set for items or services, for example, at up to three year so that warranty cases, for instance, can be processed. In addition, the participants’ data may be stored for a longer period of time, e.g. in the form of coverage of the Prize game in online and offline media.
If data have also been collected for other purposes as part of the Prize game, their processing and retention period will be governed by the data privacy notices relating to this use (e.g. in the case of signing up for the newsletter as part of a Prize game).
Participants are entitled to various rights under the GDPR, which arise in particular from Articles 15 to 21 of the GDPR:
- Right to object. You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you, which is based on point (e) or (f) of Article 6(1) of the GDPR, including profiling based on those provisions. Where personal data concerning you are processed for direct marketing purposes, you will have the right to object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for such marketing, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing.
- Transfer to third parties, in particular other companies. Personal data collected as part of a Prize game will only be forwarded to those third parties which organize a Prize game together with TraceParts or which sponsor a Prize game by TraceParts, for instance, by providing prizes. In particular, they may be passed on so that the winner can be drawn from the entries or so that a winner can receive or be handed their prize.
The legal basis for this is Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR.
Apart from the above-mentioned cases, we do not transfer your data to third parties. The following exceptions apply in particular:
- if and to the extent necessary for implementing the existing contractual relationships or for enforcing claims to which we are entitled;
- if we are required to do so by law or are required by a court to do so;
- if the legal requirements are met for the transfer of personal data via a claim against you to credit agencies, and
- in the case of requests from official bodies, in particular law enforcement and supervisory authorities, where and to the extent necessary to prevent threats to public security and order and to support the prosecution of criminal offences.
- Right to withdraw consent. You have the right to withdraw at any time consent given by you.
- Right of access: You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed and to access this data and other information, and to obtain a copy of the data in accordance with the statutory provisions.
- Right to rectification: You have the right, in accordance with the statutory provisions, to request to have the data concerning you completed or have inaccurate data concerning you rectified.
- Right to erasure and restriction of processing: You have the right, in accordance with the provisions to request for data concerning you to be deleted without undue delay or else to request, in accordance with the statutory provisions, a restriction on processing the data.
- Right to data portability: You have the right, in accordance with the statutory provisions, to receive data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to request for them to be transmitted to another controller.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: Furthermore, you have the right, in accordance with the statutory provisions, to contact a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, workplace or place of the alleged infringement, if you believe that the processing of personal data concerning you infringes the GDPR.
Contact Data Protection Officer(s):